South West based telecommunications startup Jurassic Fibre approached Astley Media to assist them with their pre-launch communications strategy, for their £250 million ultrafast full fibre broadband network, and launch their brand to market.
Our approach had two key strands.
First, we worked closely with Jurassic Fibre to devise a research and insights strategy and learn more about their target audience and brand positioning. This included focus groups, competitor and market analysis and brand vision workshops.
Second, we planned and implemented a PR and community engagement strategy; using our local knowledge and network of regional contacts to identify opportunities for meetings, introductions and presentations with influential journalists and stakeholders.
- Secured buy in from local people and the media, as well as significant support from local councillors, land owners and businesses.
- Delivered a successful regional and business media campaign with a groundswell of positive coverage.
- Supported Jurassic Fibre to deliver two key launch events – the launch of their partnership with global IT leaders, Tata Consulting, and the supplier partnership/ launch of their business products with SW Communications.
- Delivered a programme of research and insights, including 7 focus groups, to determine priority audiences, customer requirements, tactical messaging and preferred marketing channels.
- Led brand workshops with the Jurassic Fibre team – to agree brand proposition, values and messaging and inform the creative advertising campaign.
- Devised and implemented digital content plan – developing excitement and anticipation around the brand pre-launch, allaying concerns and fears about the network build, imparting regular and useful information and recruiting local ambassadors to champion the brand.
- Network launch resulted in 1,500 registrations
- Having enjoyed positive and rapid growth, over the last two years, Jurassic Fibre is expanding their network – targeting towns and villages across the South West. Astley Media continues to work with the company, providing PR and social media expertise.